Snow Sisters

Snow Sisters

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Week 20: The start of a new era..



Dave was charged with the week picture this week, because we didn't get it done over the weekend. We were a little busy. I worked into Saturday morning and on Sunday.....yes, on Sunday, we picked up the new addition to our family. (Thanks to Nana and Papa for making that happen!). Some of you have been privy to our discussions about this topic over the last months...and have heard my absolute objections...well, you see how much pull I have in this relationship ;). I've told Dave that this career choice of mine is really working out well for him. First he gets a dog (because of my guilt of moving him to TN away from everyone he knows) then he gets another dog...and now the m*#&van (still not saying the actual word), because of guilt for ALL that he does for our family with the girls. He pointed out that in this case he did 'earn' it, and I'd have to agree. I frequently have patients and nurses ask me how I juggle what I do with a growing family and the simple answer is I don't. My husband does. So, yes, he has earned it and I have to admit I am happy for him...and the girls, Lily doesn't have to risk hitting her head everytime she gets in and out of the car and we don't have to break our backs trying to help her do that. She's been given a name...The Black Pearl..very conveniently this is the name of paint...so when we reference 'The Pearl' you'll know to what we are referring. And I conveniently don't have to say the 'm' word.


Baking some Christmas cookies, one of Lily's favorite things to do. I heard she was also an excellent quality control analyst during this process...I wonder where she gets that from :).




The maiden voyage...and that is actually an unsolicited smile from Lily...a rarity for pictures..guess she's as excited as her Daddy. Happy Birthday, Dave!

2 comments:

CherylH said...

Wonderful pictures! Lily shows such personality in her pictures. I'm so glad I can get on the internet again to keep up with your activities. Have a great holiday season. Aunt Cheryl

Alison said...

Hahaha--- You finally caved and joined the dark side!!! She is a beauty, though! Black is a lovely color....for a minivan!