Snow Sisters

Snow Sisters

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Week 19: Thanksgiving


With a work schedule that I've been handed the last couple years, it has made us acknowledge that Thanksgiving is about just that, no matter which day you celebrate it (though I think working turkey day 2 years in a row is quite enough, thank you).
So we ended up having our 'Thanksgiving' on Saturday which was nice to have a little time to prepare and get a little shopping done in between (very little shopping, but successful nonetheless!)

The turkey Caroline is sitting with was made by my mom's mother ('Nonie' is what we called her.) We lost her many years ago, but she was lovely and I have nothing but warm, loving memories about her. The dress Caroline is wearing is the one she came home in from the hospital, it fits her perfectly now. It seemed appropriate as she is nothing but a blessing to us.




Lily was such a help in the kitchen this year. Luckily the dressing required a lot of crumbling of cornbread and biscuits...and I can't think of a better 'crumbler'! She loved every minute of it.



She also gave me a little help with my dessert...she was so excited to put her apron on. She was such a cutie-pie.


The spread.

The 'fam.'



'Classic' Lily set to help Daddy put up the lights.

No comments: