Snow Sisters

Snow Sisters

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

An Unusual Request

For some time now I've been reading a blog of a friend of the Parisi's ("Not that you asked" accessed through the Parisi's site listed on the side of our blog). For any young moms out there, I recommend giving it a read when you have a chance, the author is very talented and witty and fun for a chuckle. Her most recent post, however, moved me to tears and I felt compelled to not only contribute to the cause, but also share the story here. I will leave the details to the blog, (http://captainhambone.typepad.com/ )but there is a young family with a 16 month old daughter (Emily) who is fighting brain cancer.

I don't know how I would have reacted to this story before Lily, sad of course, but probably not this deep resonating sadness for this family I don't even know. You go through all the worries and excitement of just trying to bring a healthy baby into this world, and then realize once you do, that's only the beginning.

Please take a moment to read their story and support them if you feel you are able.

No comments: