Snow Sisters

Snow Sisters

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Change....seems to be popular these days

Well, it has been a chaotic week, but I think we are finally getting things under control. We began by successfully closing on our new house last Thursday....and then things got exciting! With the significant help of our friends and family (Mom, Dad, Jonathan, Uncle Kevin, Bill, Edwina and Pete....THANK YOU!!!!) we were able to move most of our stuff on Thursday and Friday. Mom and Dad finished off the rest over the weekend, and cleaned the Taylor Ridge house. For most of the weekend, Emily was in New York with her Mom and Aunts.....funny how that works, just when the work starts she bugs out for NY! Something tells me she has got this marriage thing figured out.....of course I'm not complaining as she brought me back a Jim Cramer bobblehead.....bubububu-booyaa skeedaddy!


Wait a minute....there's something missing from this picture....the Hudson River seems a little too.....empty.....
Emily after the Billy Elliott show....notable for the story taking place during the time that Margaret Thatcher was in office.


As sad as we are to say good bye to Taylor Ridge, we are very excited to be in our new neighborhood. The new house is great, not least of which because it affords us a little elbow room as a family that had begun to be a little scarce at the old house. We also have a huge yard so that the boys can get in their exercise, Dad even helped me lay some wire for a dog fence (yes it was snowing, no I can't feel my fingers yet).


The layout of the house does include a "loop," which the boys and Lily have discovered and found to be great fun! Just imagine how many times an 18 month old can run through the kitchen being chased by her two dogs before becoming bored....and I think you realize we will need to be replacing the flooring earlier than anticipated.

Looking at this picture, I can't help but wonder if these two people don't have similar economic philosophies.....I want what I want when I want it, now!

No comments: