Snow Sisters

Snow Sisters

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Week 51
























This week we celebrate the life of my great Uncle Julian who passed away on Father's Day. I am so grateful to have captured the moment below of him with Lily when she was only 2 weeks old. According to my mom, he was always the one to take the babies and calm them down during their large family gatherings. I think you can easily see his gentleness in this picture. That is how I always think of him, a presence of kindness and warmth and never without a smile.

All of these pictures were taken at my mom's cousin Carla's house. It is a beautiful century old farmhouse passed down from Larry's (Carla's husband) parents. In our relatively short time here in Johnson City, we have had the fortune of wonderful family gatherings in this house, celebrating the birth of Lily and now the life of Uncle Julian.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lily--you are just adorable! All the pictures show what a fantastic party your parents gave.