Snow Sisters

Snow Sisters

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My Dad


It's been three years. Three years ago, today, my Dad passed away.
Everyday he enters my thoughts. Whether it's something I wish I could tell him, or remembering something he said, he is always with me.
He would probably not be surprised to know, however, that I still don't listen, as his 'measure twice, cut once' advice was lost upon me yesterday while making and then re-making kitchen curtains, due to my gross mis-measurement the first time around.
But it's all those little things, those seemingly small moments, that make his absence so great.

3 comments:

anna quinn harrelson said...

He was an awesome dad and I always admired your relationship with him. I know he is looking down LOVIN' Miss Lily!
And the curtains...while on ICU- impressive!

Kari said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kari said...

Your dad was an awesome dad! Soccer coach; life coach. I know that he is so proud of you and Lily - I can't image how much his smile brightens heaven when he sees his little granddaughter. Your family is in my prayers. I'm loving the blog, Lily is a joy!