Snow Sisters

Snow Sisters

Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Royal Affair

So in case you missed it there was a wedding recently...
I had been anticipating it since they announced it, while simultaneously staying away from all the pre-wedding coverage and speculation. The media has a way of taking the joy out of anything...

I DVR'ed the beginning and got Lily up around 6:45AM to get our 'Tea Party' started. We had scones and strawberries, and for our 'tea' we had a choice of cocoa mix or Hershey's syrup to go in our hot milk (to be poured from the teapot, of course).

I have a very distinct memory of watching Diana get married and seeing her long train as she ascended the stairs of the church. This is no doubt one of my earlier memories. Since that time I have always loved the Royals...despite all the sarcastic remarks this position encourages. Considering I was the same age Lily is now, I wanted to make it special for her too. I think her favorite moment was when she saw that the "princess's" daddy got to walk the "princess" down the aisle...so sweet!!


(wanted to wear these pajamas because they say Princess on them)




Just to show that CJ was there, too!

2 comments:

anna quinn harrelson said...

LOVE IT!!! I totally remember Diana and Charles's wedding! Looked like a special event!

Unknown said...

Emily, This is awesome! I remember Princess Di so vividly. I love that you made such a special memory with your girl. Precious.