Snow Sisters

Snow Sisters

Monday, February 11, 2008

Week 31: Enough Love To Go Around





















As we approach Happy Heart's Day this week, Lily decided to display her devotion equally for the week picture...much appreciated by the recipients, I might add. Though I'm usually not the biggest fan of Valentine's Day, due to the standard objection of the over commercialization and therefore contrived nature of the whole thing....I have to say this little miracle that has entered our lives has me thinking differently about recognizing those we are lucky enough to love. Now in the spirit of my grandfather, I will preface with the fact that life is certainly too short and uncertain to wait for one day out of the year when we are told to acknowledge someone to do it.....we should be moved to show affection and consideration when it strikes us, no matter what day it might be.....I agree.....but I have to admit this Valentine's day, for me, will be different than any I've had in the past.....this Valentine's Day I know what it means to have my heart swell with love, beyond that which I thought it capable. It's cliche, I suppose because it's true, there's nothing quite like the love you feel for your child. Have a Happy Valentine's Day, enjoy those you are lucky to love and be loved by.
(a quick thanks to Nana for the cute Valentine's clothes!)

No comments: