Snow Sisters

Snow Sisters

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Fried Okra!

One of the fun new vegetables I grew up in the garden this year is okra!  If you've ever been around me at the buffet in the Milligan Cafeteria, you know that fried okra is near and dear to my stomach....so I thought I'd take this year's first pieces of okra and give it a try.  Here I've got my first three okra from the harvest.  Unfortunately, I talked to my good friend Commodore Bob about harvesting okra a bit too late and let the one on the far left get far too big....and it turned out to be hard, stringy and useless.  But the other two were great so I used them.....
 ....to do some improvising with an online fried okra recipe and came up with this....not bad for an off the cuff attempt!  It could have used a bit more salt, but other than that, it was delicious.

No comments: