Snow Sisters

Snow Sisters

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Do two halves equal a whole?

Picture this.....I'm sitting in the living room watching the Sunday night football game and simultaneously checking my fantasy football scores. This is an exciting time, I am on the verge of clinching a spot in the playoffs! A question from the next room, "Hey Dave, will you run the Mistletoe Half Marathon with me?"

My response..."Sure." I think to myself why not, we run those 5Ks all the time. Besides, I am on the verge of getting into the fantasy football playoffs!

After a few moments of congitive reconstruction, an alarming thought comes to mind. I send a question to the next room...."Did you say half marathon?"

So that was the genesis of our entry into the Mistletoe Half Marathon.....and it happneed about a month ago....who needs training!?!

Yesterday was the big day, and I'm pleased to say that we both finished the race with respectable times! What is even better is that the YMCA provided childcare for the race so the girls had a really big time with folks from the Children's Museum, animals from the Zoo, face painting and moon bounces to name a few. Here is a picture of the eager "young" racers waiting to get it started.
This is a picture after the race (and our stop at Biscuitville on the way home.) We took the podium to award the Campbell family prizes.....Em took the gold with a time that was about six minutes faster than my own. But lets be honest, I was just happy I didn't pass out!

And the times:  
Emily came in at 02:01:30.381 for a pace of 9:16 minutes per mile
Dave came in at 02:07:06.091 for a pace of 9:42 minutes per mile

http://ultimateracemanagement.com/images/results/2012%20Results/Mistletoe_Half_Overall_OFFICIAL.html

No comments: