Snow Sisters

Snow Sisters

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Popcorn Decor

So, if anyone was worried about me losing my identity during this period of house-husband-dom....you're probably really worried now. Not only am I crafting, but I'm blogging about the crafts I made!

The wreath pictured below is made from popcorn that I grew in the garden in JC. Seriously, the different colors, sizes, etc.....it all came out of the garden. Pretty cool right! Well, the question of how to dry all of it has come up, and I thought doing it in the way of home fall decorations would be pretty clever. I tried the simple 3 ear bunches, and those are fine, but a little boring. So a found this idea in a Southern Living picture, modified it a bit, and gave it a try. I attached the corn to the straw wreath with twine so that it can be removed without ruining the popcorn.

1 comment:

CherylH said...

Dave, you are becoming so crafty! Love the redeemable popcorn wreath. Fall is a great time.