Snow Sisters

Snow Sisters

Sunday, April 5, 2009

The E-family

Lily, Thatcher, Gator and I are sublimely pleased to announce the return of Emily. And not just in physical form from Chicago, but also her re-entrance into the world of daylight. Thankfully her two-week tour of night float has ended for now, meaning that we are a full family, including E-mily one more!

But, before we get too carried away, I have a couple of pictures left from the Emily-less days, and I think that you all will agree, they serve as a significant reminder for how happy we are that she's back! This first one I had to include for just cuteness though...



Here we are having a little breakfast. When Chip and I were growing up, Mom taught us how to mix peanut butter and honey into a spread for toast. Lily and I did just that, with the exception that we were using english muffins instead of toast...as you can see, it was as much of an activity as it was breakfast! (And no, Thatcher is not photoshopped on the stairs!)





And finally, we are very excited to host Easter for our families here at our house this year. There are a number of benefits to this, not the least of which is attending Grandview where Lily knows and loves all of the staff, as well as her colleagues, at the nursery. Nana and Papa have always been big yard people, and they have graciously offered to help us get in some landscaping here. So, in preparation, I have created a canvas for them. Yesterday evening I went out to finish up some yard work that had been building for a couple weeks. I went ahead and dug out the bed for some bushes, became more and more carried away, and ended up going to Lowes to buy 82 of these landscaping bricks. And let me tell you, I feel everyone one of them this morning!



1 comment:

CherylH said...

Thanks for letting us get a glimpse of the new house. Yes, this spring will be a fun time to landscape it. Nevertheless, you have nice healthy looking grass. That's what you needed the Deere for.